Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Where Does a Computer Geek Go? CES in Las Vegas

Well, last week was busy as I flew to the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held annually in Las Vegas. Let me tell you about walking.....walking and more walking........

Lots to see, lots of cool toys to play with and drool over. Where's publisher clearing house when i need them? They had the world's largest LCD tv there at 108" for the mere price of $70,000....... I NEED ONE I tell you.....so what if my bay window would have to go in my family room. Everyone should have one!!!

And of course if you are going to have that, you need all the other phones, hd and blue ray disks and the R2D2 security and projection tv robot for your home (at least he was only $2500).

I learned a lot from the show, saw items that are actually ON the market.....including a quad core Intel CPU. When asking the Intel guy (who are you marking it to, as applications still don't use dual core's much yet? ) his response was "Gamers primarily" Enough said! Can I have a prototype???? Can I demo it???? what do you mean NO!!!!!

4 days of many many many people all in a few spaces and overall no one was overly rude or annoying (another miracle).

Another day I'll discuss vegas itself (at least i broke even on the slots! my system? significant other put $1 in and lost....i'd put $1 in behind him and win $2....figure it kept the money in the family )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home